Friday, February 5, 2010

The Purpose of this Site

I believe that within each of us there is a desire to leave our mark upon the world. It is an innate desire to make our lives mean something. When we die, we want people to remember us for something.

The problem is that it takes work and self-sacrifice to be know for good. Mother Teresa did not gain her legacy through riotous self-indulgence. Hers was an austere existence of personal self-denial and devotion to the needs of the neediest.

Too many would like the fame and the glory without the work and the dedication. They wait until someone's good deeds are done then try to take the credit as thought they have performed the deed themselves.

Then there are those who have no desire to accomplish good deeds but are intent upon gaining fame and fortune by any means. The results of this last class are the despots and criminals of the world. Evil seems to be the path of least resistance.

For myself, I should like to try and make the world a better place. Hence the purpose of this blog site. If I am able to share something that is uplifting or inspiring, then I am grateful to God for whatever inspiration He may have given me. If however I have offended you, dear reader, in any way, please forgive my failings and inabilities.

It is my hope to be able to make this world a better place, one person at a time.

Please feel free to leave any comments you would like to share.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment